COVID-19 Information & Your Vacation
Posted by Litchfield Real Estate | Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Updated - 19 May 2020
During this unprecedented time, Litchfield Real Estate is thankful for your patience while we navigate the COVID-19 situation. We are taking this day by day and will do our best to inform you as changes occur.
For the most current information about Pawleys Island and Litchfield Beach, we recommend visiting the Georgetown County website - http://www.visitgeorge.com/.
CURRENT STATUS OF OUR AREA:
SHORT TERM RENTALS
Georgetown County is now open to visitors. The Pawleys Island Town Council will re-open Pawleys Island short-term rentals to guests, effective May 8. As of May 1, all travel restrictions into South Carolina have been lifted from CDC hot spots, including New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
As of June 10, some community pools have reopened in our area but many still remain closed.
Pool closings are decided by the managing HOA for safety reasons. Our company has no control over these decisions. We are doing our best to be informed about pool availability. Open or closed, the status is subject to change, so we ask that you contact our office, (843) 237-4241, for the most current information.
Pawleys Island Beach public access points will open to the public on May 1 at noon.
Litchfield Beach and the Georgetown County end of Garden City Beach public access points will open to the public on May 1 at noon. However, the Marsh Walk, Jetty View Walk, and Veterans Pier in Murrells Inlet remain closed through May 14.
Huntington Beach State Park will re-open May 1. Community buildings, interpretive centers, and picnic shelters will remain closed. Additionally, the carrying capacity level will be lowered, limiting the number of people who can be on park property at one time.
Businesses in Georgetown County:
- Certain kinds of retail businesses reopened April 20 with restrictions.
- Restaurants began reopening outdoor dining May 4 and began limited dine-in service May 11 with restrictions and following state guidelines, that include sanitization and health checks, developed by the SC Restaurant and Lodging Association.
- Close contact businesses began reopening May 18 with limited capacity and following state-imposed guidelines.
- Restrictions on groups of 3 or more in public as well as maintaining a minimum of 6 feet between all persons continue to be enforced.
South Carolina executive orders were lifted on all boating restrictions, effective April 20. All laws and regulations concerning the safe operation of boats in South Carolina are now returned to normal. Law enforcement can still cite, arrest, or disperse any groups of three or more individuals posing a threat to public health or public safety.
If your reservation is impacted by current or extended restrictions placed on Georgetown County, SC, we will contact you using the email address and/or phone number affiliated with the reservation.
Please be assured that Litchfield Real Estate will work with you and treat you fairly. You will have the choice to move your stay to another date or take a full refund if your reservation is directly affected by South Carolina emergency COVID-19 ordinances.
If you are considering canceling your reservation and have purchased Red Sky travel insurance, then please contact your insurance provider to find out if the cause for cancellation is covered. Coverage and refunds are determined solely by Red Sky.
Keep in mind, Travel Insurance is the only way to protect your vacation investment if something unexpected and unrelated to COVID-19 occurs that might keep you or your family from being able to come. Litchfield Real Estate offers trip insurance by Red Sky.
LITCHFIELD REAL ESTATE CANCELLATION POLICY
Litchfield Real Estate must be notified of cancellation in writing either by email to Info@LitchfieldRealEstate.com or fax to (843) 237-1513 and is subject to the property being re-rented. Every effort will be made to re-rent the property. If the property re-rents for less money, the shortage in rent will be charged on your account and the balance of pre-paid money will be returned less a $200 re-booking fee.
Payments cannot be transferred to other properties unless the original property is re-rented. Guest may not assign or sub-lease. No refunds are given for cancellation for any reason unless the same property is re-rented and paid in full for the same number of days as your original reservation.
Follow updates from Georgetown County below. All executive orders can be found here.
Georgetown County Executive Order 2020-28: April 20 (beach access restrictions revised Pg. 4, Sec. 1; retail business re-openings, Pg. 5, Sec. 2)
Georgetown County Executive Order 2020-25: April 16 (public waterway restrictions loosened Pg. 4, Sec. 1)
Georgetown County Executive Order 2020-19: April 3 (lodging & travel from high-risk areas Pg. 6, Sec. 1)
Georgetown County Executive Order 2020-18: April 3 (non-essential business closures Pg. 6, Sec. 1)
Georgetown County Executive Order 2020-16: March 30 (public beaches/waterways restricted Pg. 4, Sec. 1)
Georgetown County Executive Order 2020-15: March 28 (state of emergency measures implemented Pg. 6, Sec. 1)
Georgetown County Executive Order 2020-08: March 13 (state of emergency due to coronavirus declared)
Pawleys Isaland Vacations Rentals
- Announcements (1)
- Beach House Rental (1)
- Beach Wedding Ceremony (2)
- Condo In Litchfield By The Sea (1)
- Featured Vacation Rentals (1)
- Garden City Sc Real Estate (1)
- Garden City Sc Vacation Rentals (1)
- Georgetown Sc Real Estate (1)
- House With Pool (1)
- Inlet Point (5)
- Interval Management (1)
- Investments (1)
- Litchfield Beach (2)
- Litchfield Beach Canal House (1)
- Litchfield Beach Holiday Vacation (2)
- Litchfield Beach Homes For Sale (1)
- Litchfield Beach House With Pool (1)
- Litchfield Beach Pawleys Island Sc (1)
- Litchfield Beach Rentals (3)
- Litchfield Beach Resorts (4)
- Litchfield Beach Vacation (1)
- Litchfield Beach Vacation Rental (8)
- Litchfield Beach Vacation Rentals (5)
- Litchfield Beach Vacations (1)
- Litchfield Beach Winter Rentals (2)
- Litchfield By The Sea Vacation Rentals (1)
- Litchfield Oceanfront Rentals (1)
- Litchfield Real Estate (37)
- Litchfield Real Estate Rentals (2)
- Litchfield Rentals (23)
- Litchfield Sc Real Estate (1)
- Litchfield Vacation Rentals (9)
- Local Events (12)
- Luxurious Beach Vacation Rentals (2)
- Misc (1)
- Murrells Inlet Real Estate (3)
- Murrells Inlet Vacation Rentals (2)
- North Litchfield Rentals (1)
- Pawleys Isaland Beach Rentals (1)
- Pawleys Isaland Vacations Rentals (2)
- Pawleys Island (3)
- Pawleys Island Annual Rentals (2)
- Pawleys Island Condo Rentals (1)
- Pawleys Island Condos (4)
- Pawleys Island Creekside Rental (1)
- Pawleys Island Homes For Sale (5)
- Pawleys Island Homes For Sale (2)
- Pawleys Island Real Estate (34)
- Pawleys Island Rental (1)
- Pawleys Island Rentals (9)
- Pawleys Island Sc Homes For Sale (2)
- Pawleys Island Sc Real Estate (2)
- Pawleys Island Things To Do (1)
- Pawleys Island Vacation (4)
- Pawleys Island Vacation Rental (12)
- Pawleys Island Vacation Rentals (20)
- Pawleys Island Vacations (4)
- Pawleys Island Vacations Rentals (1)
- Pawleys Island Winter Rentals (4)
- Pet Friendly Rentals (1)
- Property Management (1)
- Real Estate News (2)
- Retirees (1)
- Retirement (1)
- South Litchfield Beach House (1)
- South Litchfield Beach Vacation Rentals (2)
- Surfside Beach (3)
- Vacation Homes (1)
- Vacation Rentals (1)
- Vacation Rentals In Litchfield Beach (1)
- Vacation Rentals In Pawleys Island (1)
- Winter Rental (2)