Coming to the Litchfield/Pawleys Island area and want to simply relax? Need some ideas? Here are a few suggestions:
*The obvious – curl up with a book in a Pawleys Island hammock
* Gather the family together on the screened porch, peel some shrimp, and eat some fresh local produce found at the Farmer’s Market on Wednesdays.
* Get your lounge chair, your cooler, and hit the beach (another obvious….but don’t forget the sunscreen and umbrella; relaxing can turn to painful quickly!)
*Go over the Litchfield Inn, sit on the sundeck, listen to some good music, and enjoy a cold beverage
* Rent some bikes and in the morning (don’t wait too late!) go for a long bike ride along our uninterrupted strand.
*Go to Murrells Inlet to Capt. Dick’s Marina and rent a pontoon boat, pile all the family aboard, and “putt-putt” through the Inlet enjoying wildlife and refreshing breezes.
*Brookgreen Gardens – that says it all! But, go in the evening when it is a bit cooler and maybe enjoy a little dinner among the oaks and sculpture.
* Take a day to meander through the Hammock Shops. Canopied with live oaks, you can relax and enjoy local treasures in an historic setting.
* Fish – whether it’s surf-fishing, fishing in the creeks or Inlets, fishing on the river, or even in the small lake in Litchfield By the Sea. Bait your hook, throw your line in, and relax and wait for the fish to bite – or not!
These are just suggestions – we know you can find your own ways to relax in the Litchfield/Pawleys Island area!